Thursday, November 4, 2010

An Ode to Heather Pulvirenti - - - -

I found a new challenge blog - CASE Study Challenge.  In their words - The idea behind our challenges is all about getting inspired by some of the most talented paper crafters in the industry. We will feature a new Guest Designer (Muse) every month, and show you how this person inspires us. Then, we want you to do just the same! Simple and easy, huh?  I hope you'll join in the fun! 
This month's designer is the super talented Heather Pulvirenti whose work has been delighting many (including me - I have a "paper crush" on her) for the longest time and I LOVED completely CASEing her look which is very clean, modern and fresh!!
For fun I paired the CASE challenge with the current Play Date Cafe Challenge 54.
Painting some old book paper with Tim Holtz Metallic Distress Crackle paint gave me the perfect color orange color I was looking for.
 Look at all the blooms you can get from 4 pages of painted book paper!!
I needed some green Zva crystals but I don't think they make them in that color - NO worries - I just airbrushed those babies with my Copic airbrush tool!!  I really need to use that more often - remember when I airbrushed my shoes??
I definitely feel a "Heather Pulvirenti - vibe" when I look at this card.  I absolutely will be adding the CASE challenge to the list of blogs I regularly visit - Did you know that it is run by the very talented and prolific stamper Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) who lives in Australia?  It is so cool that women from all over the globe can make beautiful things to share because of blogs like hers!
Satin and silk ribbons, buttons and stamp set are from Papertrey Ink.

12 comments:

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is downright GORGEOUS! Looooove this so much! *Hugs!*

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You made me blush, Michelle :) Thank you so umch for your kind words, it means so much to me to know that CASE Study "does the job"! (lol) I hope we will continue inspiring you, thank you for playing! Your card is REALLY beautiful!!!

Kimberly Jones said...

Michelle, what a great post! This card is just gorgeous and I love your photos! Thanks for sharing the new challenge blog too.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful use of this weeks colors with your lovely flourish and book note flowers! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Maria said...

Gems and flowers are gorgeous! Truly a very lovely card!!!

jen said...

Nicely done! Great pics of your 'how you did it'!! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow! Super creative! You are one resourceful person! I didn't even know that you could color those gems, what a great idea! Love those adorable flowers as well. Awesome job with Play Date's colors and CASE Study's inspiration. Your card is absolutely lovely!

Sarah Anderson said...

gorgeous bling there with that flourish, and I love your crackle tattered florals, they look amazing. Off to check out the CASE study challenge as it sounds great, and thanks for playing with us at the play date cafe :)

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful flowers love the text background. The flourishes are beautiful. Glad you joined us at the PDCC.

Fiona said...

lovely card - texture and colours are really yummy :)

Sue Kohler said...

Super gorgeous Michelle, beautiful flowers and I always love to see airbrushing- will be giving that a whirl!! Thanks for sharing your creativity at CASE study this week! :)

Sleepy Stamper said...

WoW! Such a lovely card and thank you for sharing such awesome tips!