Thursday, December 16, 2010

CPS197 - CASE Study - Nina Brackett

Today's card is based on the Card Positioning System's sketch (CPS197) and the current CASE Study Challenge - Nina Brackett pictured below.  What I noticed right off when I looked at the sample card was her use of a stencil and several inks to make her background paper.  Such a striking look!
I used my Tim Holtz Flourish Mask and Distress Inks (Brushed Burlap, Peeled Paint, Broken China) against a kraft background.  I really like how it turned out but then later I walked by and it looked like "camo" to me.  Weird, huh?
I made the rolled fabric flower from muslin and added a doily and inkstained leaves (from the wedding department of your craft store).  The sentiment is made from Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type stickers and the pearls are from Zva.

10 comments:

jen said...

I don't think it looks camo! Hard to see camo with rolled flowers, doilies & pearls!!! ;)
very pretty!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card!

lotte chew said...

absolutely gorgeous!! the fabric flower is so beautiful!!! love it :)

Aimes said...

Now that's a gorgeous piece of art using a stencil! Love the mix of inks - so my kinda colours!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kimberly Jones said...

Love the muslin rose! Very pretty and not at all camo!

Vera said...

Wow, such a lovely card.
I like the colours and the beautiful rose.

Greetings from Vera

Sue Kohler said...

there is so much to admire in this card Michelle! the flower is such a stand out! Thank you for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

mommaladystamper said...

Oh my Michelle, this card is gorgeous. Do you have a tutorial on how to make these flowers? Alice Roushia

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a striking card, Michelle!! Thank you for joining us again in this busy season, Happy New Year wishes to you!! xxx

Jean Martin said...

Wow this is beautiful Michelle! So elegant! I love the flourish you made there with the Tim Holtz mask. It's so beautiful! Everything about this card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us! :)