Thursday, December 2, 2010

Moxie Fab - It's Snowing Gingerbread

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger time - I am pretty late with this one but better late than never, right?  I would so love to eat that gingerbread snowflake cookie while drinking my latte!  YUM!  Cookies are definitely a weakness for me - It is so hard to just eat one and then walk away - basically, impossible.
This card fulfills lots of challenges  - The layout is from the Card Positioning Systems #195 sketch.  The current CASE study challenge is to emulate the style of Nina Brackett whose cards are always rich with lots of luscious layers and beautiful details.  Last but not least I am linking this card up to the Moxie Fab:  Card Creations All Occasions Challenge.
Stamps - Hello, A Muse Artstamps; Life, Papertrey Ink
Ink - Versamark embossed with white
Paper - Basic Grey Basics in Kraft
Accessories - A Muse white pearls, SU! white taffeta ribbon, Martha Stewart Carrara Marble Coarse Glitter, Offray lace, burlap
So yesterday afternoon Connor was telling me how cool it was that they had an attorney as a guest speaker in his Geometry class (he is 13, 8th grade and in Geometry - way smarter than his mom in math!) who was sharing with them how he hires people to do math to assist in his cases.  Connor then proceeds to tell me that he learned something about himself - was it -
A)  I would like to be a lawyer when I grow up,
B)  I realize now why it is so important to focus on my math skills and to continue to improve them, or
C)  I definitely want to play the old Ace Attorney games for the DS.
YUP - the answer was C.  sigh. . . .

11 comments:

Aimes said...

Mmmmm I can almost taste the gingerbread goodness on this card!!! Scrummy!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week - you totally emulated Nina's style!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

veronica said...

great textures!

Kimberly Jones said...

Yummy! I love all the layers and the textures and the monochromatic colors! The burlap strip is a nice touch!

jen said...

This is sooooo yummy! Love all those textures & layers- but you know my FAVE is that GLITTER!!!!
(and hehehe on your son's story!)

Chris said...

Very nice...I love the burlap and lace combo!!

Noelle said...

So pretty and elegant, I love that crocheted trim!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love this card, Michelle! I adore the earth tones and that wonderful combination of ribbon/lace/burlap! I've been addicted to that burlap lately, it's just such a super effect! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Glenda said...

Great layout! Love the burlap.

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! The rich browns are right up my alley, and so is burlap & lace... mmm! I'm so glad that you took the time to participate in our challenge this week! xxx

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks also for entering the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions Week All Occasion challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)