Monday, August 1, 2011

PDCC92, CFC13, CASE50 - Thinking of You

This is one long, lean and lovely card!!  It measures 4" x 9" - definitely a size that I wouldn't create unless it was for a challenge!!  Trust those crazy chicks at CAS-ual Fridays to come up with a challenge where you have to take 36" square inches of card space and yet keep it clean and simple!!
The colors from the current Play Date Cafe Challenge were just the thing to add an elegant dimension to this "Paul Bunyan" card - the colors are petal pink, coral and antique gold - the a muse|studio Gold Shimmer Couture paper was the perfect accessory and added just a touch of gleam.  I also incorporated the current CASE study challenge to be inspired by this card by Dawn Woleslagle of W plus 9 Design.
Watermelon ink was looking too pink against the pale pink background so I stamped my images from Beautiful Botanicals 2 in Apricot ink and then used my stamp positioner to stamp on top with Watermelon and ended up with the perfect color of coral!!  (First I giggled, then I shook my own hand and then used that hand to pat myself on the back - good thing I do most of my stamping alone).  Added a strip of scallops courtesy of the largest die in the Scallop Border set and
finished up with a sprinkling of Latte Pearls and a sentiment from Essential Sentiments.  When you look from this angle this card seems to go on forever!!
All supplies used in this card are available online!
psst - wanna know a secret?   a muse|studio is going to be releasing a supplemental catalog with new stuff including stamp sets, dies, cardstock/ink/ribbon, patterned paper, baker's twine and even felt!!  This 44 page supplemental catalog won't be going live until August 22nd but if you are nice to me and ask pretty please I can e-mail you a .pdf file of it!!  Just e-mail me at msmathey@gmail.com if you want to peek and start your wish list.

12 comments:

Alanna Harris said...

beautiful, elegant & CAS!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely amazing, Michelle! LOVE all those gold elements and the way you scattered them amongst your beautiful blossoms! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Lisa said...

Oh my this is quite striking! Love the sprinkling of gold bling among the pretty flowers!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

SO, so lovely! Great colours, great stamping too!

cbuswell said...

Fabulous, so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Case Study this week!

Debgem said...

A very elegant card - I do like the colours you've used!

Kimberly Jones said...

A very elegant card! I love the little bit of sparkle from the gold shimmer couture cardstock!

veronica said...

i love the colors! and the sprinkling of pearls is just lovely.

Michele Gross said...

Love it! Wonderful use of the colors and its so clean but elegant! Glad you played along with us at The Play Date Cafe and CAS-ual Fridays!

Ruby said...

This is beautiful. I love how you've matched the scallop with the flowers and that panel of gold looks perfect with the overall design. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Dana said...

Lovely is right! What a gorgeous pairing of colors and stamps. Thanks for joining us at CAS_ual Fridays this week.

~Tammy~ said...

Love your shimmer of cold mixed with the beautiful coral you have created! Beautiful images for your focal point!