Wednesday, January 26, 2011

OLW38 - Let's Get Sketchy

This week's OLW challenge is based on the sketch below.  I dug out some old Fred Mullett stamps and coupled them with the big A Muse oval and a sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Tea for Two Additions set.
See the big A Muse solid stamp block?  That was used to make my seahorse face the other way on my card.  Ink up your seahorse and stamp it onto the solid rubber stamp - huff on the stamp to remoisten the ink (you know - the way that you huff on eyeglasses to clean them) and stamp on your paper - VOILA!  Your seahorse is facing the other way -
This is a rather tiny card- measures 4.25" x 3" - I was ready to try a new dimension and I thought that the smaller size suited the stamps more than a traditional sized invitation notecard.
We got a freaky snowstorm last night - got over 2" and the kids got school off today - I can't believe the number of snow days they've gotten this year!!

6 comments:

jen said...

FUN! I remember learning that solid block trick EONS ago- haven't thought of it in forever! Looks fab!
Enjoy the snow?!?

Jennifer Styles said...

Fun card! And now I am thinking of summer vacation!

Awesome job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW38!

Funnily enough, I was just thinking about reversing stamps tonight and how to do it. Thanks for the tip!

Jen W. said...

Brilliant tip for reversing stamps - I've often been frustrated at things not facing in the direction I wanted them too. Gorgeous card. I love the sea fan stamp - I found one washed up on the rocks he other day (a sea fan not a stamp... tee hee!) and I like that oval too - may have to get me one of them...

veronica said...

what a very cool idea, to turn the stamp around!
thanks for showing us how to do it.

Donelda said...

I adore your seahorse! Great interpretation on the sketch!

Susan said...

I don't think I've seen a solid stamp block. Need to check it out! Adorable card! Sorry about all the snow...the sun is shining here and it's about 60 degrees...actually very pleasant outside. Wish you were here....LOL!