Monday, May 30, 2011

FTL142 - Embellish Text Color Trends Challenge

Today's card has lots of fun embellishments!! How apropos since it is for the Embellish Magazine Color Trends with Text Challenge! How do you get text? With a computer, Sillyhead! Oops, I meant to say with a typewriter, of course. Remember those?? I learned to type on a manual typewriter - tells you how old I am and how poor our school system was - no electric typewriters until high school. I even placed 1st in Typing Regionally in FBLA and got to compete at the State level. YUP - I am a nerd but I am a fast typing nerd!! My boys are endlessly impressed since they grew up knowing computers but not knowing how to type on them.
The layout is from Clean and Simple Stamping's FTL142. I ripped out a page from my old children's dictionary (you can never go wrong with old dictionaries - usually can be picked up from a thrift shop for a buck or two - I have about 4 of them now.)
All supplies used are from a muse|studio (except for the dictionary paper) and include the Just My Type, Hearts A Plenty and Polka Dot Patterns stamp sets. The paper color is Eucalyptus and the Washi tape is from the Fall collection. Ink is Slate (a personal favorite color)!!
All items are available in my online a muse|studio shop!!

10 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

Adorable! I am a vintage typewriter and vintage book paper fanatic! So I LOVE this card!

jen said...

love this! I want a real typewriter soooo bad!! love the dots on the text- fun!

veronica said...

love your polka dots over the print!

Marlena M. said...

I never knew there were contests for typing! You learn something new every day, I tell ya! Love the pun! ;)

Sarah Martina said...

I love that typewriter! This is super fun, Michelle! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends challenge!

GabrielaD said...

Great card! Love it.

Valentina Fussell said...

This is just SO cute! I love the cool text you used and all the layers!!

Cristina said...

Eeeek! Stripes, polka dots, AND text? Now that's what I'm talking about! Love it!

Meg said...

Squeee! I'm in love. And I will send my bill for some Eucalyptus paper straight to you because now I HAVE to have it. :)

Lea L. said...

I love this!! The typewriter is just fabulous, and I love that the sheet in it has a heart on it, while the little banner flag as the typewriter text!! Awesome job!!