Thursday, December 13, 2012

OLW118 - Snowflakes

Haven't done a One Layer Wednesday in so very long but couldn't resist the theme of SNOWFLAKES.  This very clean and simple card features one of my oldest stamps from PSX and a retired A Muse sentiment.  Gradient color has been really popular in paper crafting the past several months and it is a look easily achieved with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers.  
Use painters tape to block off an area for your paint.  Applying the darkest color on the bottom and the lightest color on top first makes it easy to blend in your middle color for a gradual change of hue without obvious "color blocks".  I love these paint dabbers cause there is nothing to clean up!!
Heat embossing the snowflake adds a bit of shimmer to this very simple card.  This stamp is special to me since it was used on the very first card I ever had published.
Back in 2007 this card appeared in The Stamper's Sample Catch-Up issue.  Such a thrill to see my name in print

13 comments:

Deanna said...

WOW! this is so beautiful. I really love the design and the colors. Great stamps too!~hugs Deanna

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. I love the simplicity of it

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Definitely COOL! :)

Duaa said...

This is so pretty.I love the colors!

Clare Lloyd said...

Really great and such a quick way of getting some Xmas cards done too. X

veronica said...

What a great technique!! And I love the detail on the snowflake!

librariane said...

Ohmygoodness! I see another technique to try in my future--this looks awesome!

Ardyth said...

Oh My! I'm pinning this so I don't forget to do it! This is amazing! Love the subtle, muted colours you chose, too! Wonderful OLW card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous technique and the end result is so eyecatching.
Heather T

Skye said...

Lovely card. I love the colors and the snowflake. Thank you for step through, I will certainly be trying this technique

Cheryl said...

So glad you joined us for One-layer Wednesday this week! Awesome card and tutorial. Love your color combination.

Anonymous said...

This is stunning ... love the background with the sharp white of the snowflake ... fabulous! Anita in France :)

SueB said...

I think this card is so beautiful and keep referring back to it; thanx for the inspiration!