Thursday, July 3, 2014

1,000 Posts

(watercolor, India Ink and Sharpie paint pens on watercolor paper
painters tape gives the framed look with crisp edges)

Blogging began for me in October 2008 - mostly as a way to promote stamping/papercraft classes I was teaching at a local store.  Now, nearly 6 years later, I've amassed 1,000 posts!
Lots of things have changed since POMI's beginnings - the store has closed and I no longer teach but the biggest change has been the content of this blog.
Beginning in 2011 I discovered the wonders of mixed media!  Artists like Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, Donna Downey and Alisa Burke were a huge influence on me deciding to try my hand at painting/drawing which has become one of my most favorite ways to enjoy myself and cope with stress.
If it weren't for the Internet and generous artists willing to share their art and techniques I'd have never reached beyond my comfort zone and tried new things.  Do I have more to learn?  Absolutely.  Have I come a long way?  Yup, but I've drawn things I'd have never imagined I'd be able to - love all the quirky girls I seem to be constantly drawing!  I can't wait to see where the next 1,000 posts take me!  Thanks for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere and sharing the ride with me. 
Linking to Paint Party Friday and 

24 comments:

BrownPaperBunny said...

Wow, happy 1,000 anniversary! Nice work!

froebelsternchen said...

congrats! beautiful work!
Happy PPF!

GlorV1 said...

That's one thing about blogging, we are always being introduced to new techniques. Very nice work. Have fun with your next 1000 posts. I have almost 2000 and am still going although I've cut back a lot. Happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

I agree about meeting those people who share. I love what you have created here. Congrats on the 1000 posts. Have a great weekend.
Nicole/Beadwright

Christine said...

congrats on your 1000th post! Nice work too, I'm sure you have grown a lot in your art.

PaintingWrite said...

Congrats on your blogging journey so far-it's amazing to see how we evolve in our at work and a bigparty of it is thanks to the wonderful community online. Beautiful piece illustrating this part-I love the colours.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment!

coco.nut said...

Congratulations!
and I love this flowery painting!

ps. I've been blogging since 2008 too, but I haven't reached even half your number of posts (I'm at 409 ;))

Anonymous said...

1000 posts, congratulations, wow, that is such an accomplishment, your work is beautiful, you have such a great style,

Giggles said...

Congratulation on your tenacity blogging 6 years. It's quite a feat. Funny how our blogs take on a life of their own!

Love love love your art this week...so beautiful!! We are fortunate to have this outlet to find, connection, inspiration and teachers!

Hugs Giggles

Serena Lewis said...

Congratulations on reaching 1000 posts! Your painting is lovely!
Happy PPF! :)

My name is Erika. said...

Congrats on the 1000 posts milestone. And I love the bold flowers!

Carol Rigby said...

Congrats on 1000 posts. Love the colours in this piece.

Faye said...

Beautiful colors and shapes. I love how these items just jump off the paper.

Alicia C said...

1000 posts, wow! Blogging is great. Love your piece

Margik said...

Congrats on your 1000 post! I love the fantastic flowers.
Happy PPF!

alarmcat said...

congrats!! i can't wait to see the next 1,000 :)

AnnD said...

Congrats to you! Fantastic flowers - and the color palette is a dream. I want to eat it up!

Janet said...

Congrats on 1000 posts! I love the flowers...they have such beautiful colors and shapes.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post! It is so cool to see how you have evolved where in another 1000th posts where you will have evolved too!

I love your spread - the mixture of colours + pen so beautiful xx

denthe said...

Congrats! That's a LOT of posts! I love visiting here and seeing your colourful and quirky characters with the fun quotes. So keep on going for the next 1000 posts ;-)

Cindy D. said...

Holy cow congrats! And these flowers are terrific. Wonderful color and detail. So vibrant!

Angelique said...

Congratulations, I love your beautiful watercolour painting. I also started with an interest in card making and scrapbooking and have discovered mixed media and all these amazing online artist. There is so much eye candy online and so inspiring to watch what everyone creates. Your creations are lovely. I have only just started out in the blogging world. See where I will be 1000 posts later.

Tammie Dickerson said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment! I agree - it is so inspiring to share with fellow artists! Lovely painting - wonderful drawing technique and color usage! Keep up the good work! Happy PPF!