Sunday, April 6, 2014

My favorite pens and pencils. . .

Don't you hate it when you grab a marker and it is dry?  AARRGGHH!!  I decided to take a few minutes and toss old pens and thought I'd share my favorites.

1.  V5 Pilot Precise Rolling Ball pen
2.  V7 Pilot Precise Rolling Ball pen  (I bought both of these at TARGET in packs of 3 - waterproof and true black.)
3.  Pilot PERMABALL pen - another waterproof beauty.  This pen had gone out of production until Christy Tomlinson revived its use and now it is available in her online shop - Scarlet Lime.
4.  Pentel Color Brush - like an aqua pen but filled with black ink.  Super for big swaths of inky goodness.
5.  Pentel Graphgear 500 0.5mm pencil
6.  Pentel Graphgear 500 0.7mm pencil
7.  Ticonderoga #2 pencil - it has no eraser and is so old but I love it!!
8.  Papermate Tuff Stuff Eraser Stick (got at Blick - perfect for erasing in small spaces)
9.  Stabilo AQUARELLABLE pencil - Dina Wakley calls this the magic pencil and she is right!
I do own several pricey markers/pencils/pens but these inexpensive tools are my favorites.  I'd love to know your favorite drawing implements - please share!!

Linking to Sunday Sketches

5 comments:

alarmcat said...

i'm always on the look out for good, waterproof pens! I've been using Micron pens for so long now just because I can add paint later. thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

As far as a drawing pencil, I love the Pentel Graphgear 1000 in .7 mm. I can't use pencils that aren't mechanical without getting severe hand cramps (I've been that way since I was a little girl). I also really love the manga set of Prismacolor illustration markers, Sakura pigma microns and Faber Castell Stampers Big Brush Pitt markers (great for a lot of juicy ink to play with on the page). Wendy

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your lovely gal is so sweet. Precious. And I love you sharing your tools with us was pretty cool. I've seen the ink brush in the stores before but never tried them how. Fun post! :)

Janet said...

I enjoy hearing what supplies other artists like to use. I use many of the same items as you...the V7 Pilot, the Pilot Permaball and the Stabilo "magic" pencil. I also like Micron pens and I recently found some Artist's Loft pens on sale and tried them. So far, I like them.

SLScheibe said...

You have so many faves! I'll have to give some new ones a try. I'm a Micron girl myself. I have a ridiculous stash of the .005s and go through them like mad.