Friday, April 11, 2014

She - Painting with my SIL

"She always had that about her, that look of otherness, of eyes that see things much too far, and of thoughts that wander off the end of the world."
                              - Joanne Harris

My SIL Laura came to paint/play this week.  What a blast we had together!  She and my brother have two boys the same age as our boys.
Laura and I get together so the boys could play as often as we can work it out - but things have changed over the years. 
Now that the boys are older we don't have to stand over them supervising anymore. . .
which means the moms get to play!!  
It is so nice to get artsy with the white noise of our boys having fun together.
I do get wistful for my little boys though. . . 
Linking to Art Journal Every Day and

19 comments:

Carol Rigby said...

A beautifull face. I love her freckles. Happy PPF!

Faye said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous! I love the way you showed how you got from step 1 to the final beautiful art. It helps us who are still struggling to make faces look like faces!

Astera said...

Lovely work. I like the face and the finishes you chose. The music sheet is a perfect touch. :)

Clare Lloyd said...

Love the freckles and the bit of collage.

AnnD said...

Love seeing your process! She is just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Very nice...love the freckles!

gloria vivas said...

What page so pretty! A sweet portrait that conveys a certain sadness.

Giggles said...

I just love everything you paint and this girl is no different!! There is a pensive mona lisa feel about her!! You can't help wonder what she'd thinking!Or what she knows! Glad you had fun with your sil!
Stunning work!

Hugs Giggles

Kooky Makes said...

Otherness captured perfectly, and I love the composition around and behind her.

alarmcat said...

"She" is lovely!!

denthe said...

Oh, that quote is so beautiful and goes so well with her face. Love her freckles!

Netty said...

oh so beautiful. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Robin said...

She is beautiful, especially the freckles! Great quote too! Have a wonderful weekend, Rasz

Annabelle said...

Beautiful freckled face with a lovely quote. Nice work!

It's so nice when mothers and their children can steal away an afternoon and make it fun for everyone and have no guilt, I remember those days very well : )

Annabelle : )

Sarah (wonderstrumpet) said...

She is wonderful! such a lovely face, and I am always partial to freckles.

bellefrogworks said...

She is fabulous and I love the freckles!!!

Laila said...

Beautiful face, and thanks for sharing the process.

Cindy D. said...

Hooray for mini art parties! Love the progress pics. The face is so pretty and warm. Count me as another fan of the freckles too!

pauline said...

Oh i understand that feeling michelle! Wonderful that you get to do this with your SIL. Btw, visiting artists' studios can be inspiring AND intimidating at the same time. I hope you never let it stop you from continuing on your path and sharing your vision with the world. Xx