Monday, July 19, 2010

FTL99 - Bursting Blooms

This card is for two different challenges - The FTL99 sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping and the Wplus9 Design Studio - Color Cue. The image and sentiment stamps are from A Muse.
Here are most of the things I used to make this card with the exception of the EKSuccess Edge Punch and the Tim Holtz Fade Embossing Folder that I forgot to lay out - amazing the amount of things we can use to make even a simple card, huh? If you've got it - use it!! I sparkled up the flower with the clear glitter and toned down the DARK brown brads with a hint of white pigment ink. Guess what? I am on page 36 of the Hobby Lobby magazine this quarter. This is my first time being published since 2007 (and that was a one-time fluke) so I'm pretty happy that this is the beginning of a few times that I know of that I will be published. WHOO HOO!!

8 comments:

veronica said...

hey! congrats on the mag! i recognize that paper! from the last papercrafting kit of kim's shop. love that plaid!

this card is great too. you know i love that stamp. pretty sparkles too.

Elise said...

Goodness, gracious! Congrats on your pub success ~ That's AWESOME! Meanwhile, I'm in love with your card, your blog and even your photography! Something about a pile of artfully photographed craft materials makes my heart swoon! BUT THEN, there's you card! DELIGHTFUL! I am so pleased that you've chosen to share your mighty talent with the Color CUE! Great work! Yee Haw!

theneon said...

A great card and a great deal of tools and supplies (LOL). Congratulations on your latest publish!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the sparkle of your card and the text! Congrats on being published!

Tigriswillreign said...

Wow! I really love that burst of color on the text paper! The scalloped border is perfect! Great card!

{PurpleD} said...

Very nice card! Congrats on being published!

Dawn said...

Beautiful card! Love the glitter. And congrats on the pub!!

Thanks for joining us at Wplus9!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE those flowers! Just Beautiful!