Saturday, July 31, 2010

PDCC40/GS49 - . . . with deepest Sympathy

I didn't start this card with the intention of making a sympathy card but you know there is nothing worse than being forced to make one on the spot when you are already sad! It is good to have one in your card stash. I used the Get Sketchy #49 layout - I decided to use my Tim Holtz Tissue Tape for the bottom panel - first I swiped a bit of white pigment ink on my SU! Garden Green cardstock to temper the color down a bit.
Basic Grey Ribbon Doilies paper ribbon added a cool textural element to the bottom of the card - reminded me of a cast iron fence (the ribbon was actually a little bigger but I cut off the bottom section). The sentiment was stamped onto a Martha Stewart label.
The colors came direct from this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge #40 - black/white/green. The stamped swirl is from SU! The sentiment is from A Muse. Finished card size is unusual - 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".
If you look close at the Play Date Cafe Challenge you will see that I was named one of last week's - Cream in Our Coffee winners for this card. WHOO HOO!

8 comments:

HeARTworks said...

Gorgeous card! As always!

Lisa Somerville said...

Congrats on being one of the Cream in the Coffee last week! Very creative use of the Tissue Tape, beautiful Sympathy card. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Congrats for being one of the cream in the coffee last week! Love the tape along the bottom on your card and the border punch is fab. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us again this week at the PDCC.

veronica said...

i, too, dislike making sympathy cards. loved that you toned down the garden green, you know of my "love" for that color!

Unknown said...

I love your card, very elegant!

jen said...

Congrats on your honor!
I'm with you on making sympathy cards- you're a very wise girl to have this lovely in your stash.
That tissue tape is yummy- haven't seen it before!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Congrats on being one of the cream!!! And this is a fab entry for this week! Must get some of that tape/paper! It looks fab on your card--love it! Love it all around:)Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Laurel said...

Oh gorgeous!