Tuesday, July 20, 2010

GS#47 - Cappella Poofy Flower

OOooohhhh - so soft and pretty!! LOOK closely - I even pulled out the ol' sewing machine for this one! I zigzag-ed and straight stitched - I rarely use the sewing machine - I think it has been about two years since I used it - and it figures - the bobbin ran right out -
SO - out came the manual (this is where my mom hangs her head in shame) - and my reading glasses (OH NO!! - didn't need these two years ago!) to rethread the needle after my bobbin winding adventure and then we were in business! The Basic Grey Cappella paper is so, so lovely and elegant.
The sentiment is from an A Muse clear set and is perfect against the Basic Grey Basics - Kraft paper cut into a banner shape and attached with tiny staples. This layout came from Get Sketchy - GS#47 - You probably didn't notice but there are two patterns of paper on the cardfront that are stitched together - they looked really different on the table but not so much when put together - Subtle - Ya, that's totally the look I was after. . . .

4 comments:

veronica said...

love that flower's center!
congrats on getting your sewing machine out again. can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Tammy E. said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous flower.

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Wow! That is a fantastic card. Your work is beautiful.

DeeDee Catron said...

Absolutely stunning!