Thursday, July 15, 2010

2S4Y - Vintage Typewriter Inspiration

"You are my Type" - That's quite the pick-up line, huh? Paper Crafts Connection is having a challenge using a vintage typewriter as inspiration. I used the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch (2S4Y-56) as my starting point and stamped the background with my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig and an alphabet stamp from Stampin' Up! that I've had for probably 5 years!! Layered onto that is an old dictionary page. Tiny Type stickers and a clear A Muse alphabet make up the sentiment.
I embellished with a flower made from a silk Prima and Tim Holtz metal flower (old metal typewriters were so heavy!) Love the look that the EKSuccess punch made - looks like these things - {{{{ }}}} What are those things called??
Now I'm gonna talk about how old I am - do you remember when they had typing class? Where you typed on an actual typewriter - do the words Pica or Elite ring a bell?? Do you double space after a period? Did you know that I won FBLA Typing awards in high school? I actually won first place in Regionals and competed at the state level! YUP Who even has a typewriter these days unless they are trying to go vintage?! I much prefer typing on my laptop over typing on a typewriter! BTW - my boys are always amazed at how fast I can type - I still average around 80 wpm! Pretty good -

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wonderful, Michelle! I love your card!

Laura Davis said...

Awesome!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson said...

such a fabulous card! LOVE the border!

veronica said...

wow! what a typer! love the colors you used on your card.