Thursday, August 29, 2013

Illustration Friday - RESCUE

"Humor does not rescue us from unhappiness but enables us to move back from it a little."    -  Mason Cooley

Ever since Aimee Dodich (artsyville.blogspot.com) did what she called a "teardrop chop and plop" (hee hee), I've been meaning to make some droplets from my pretty junk papers.  
Wanna see some of my favorite "secret weapons"?  That crepe tape (found near the drafting section at Hobby Lobby) is a perfect way to add graphic detail without the headache of attempting a straight line with a pen/marker and a ruler.  Since it is made from paper you can tear it without using scissors (like washi tape).  Another handy trick is to type your sentiment/quote in Word with a fun font and then cut and paste into your art journal.  This font is called IMPACT LABEL (through dafont.com) and is free for personal use.  Be careful, once you get inside that site it is hard to free yourself - kinda like quicksand - the BEST quicksand ever!! 

26 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Fun drops and dots and tape and words and fonts a medly of art fun here this week, thanks for sharing. HPPF!

GlorV1 said...

Love your fun drops and dots. Nice work. Thanks.
gloria

Marji said...

Wow, those drops are so cool. I just love the sound of teardrop, chop and plop - how perfect! Nicely done.

sharon said...

Love those drops, lots of fun.

Giggles said...

Love these, really pretty works and thanks for the font sight!!

Hugs Giggles

Anonymous said...

Great spread. Thanks for all the info and the step out! xox

Ivy said...

Very nice, the drops are really eye catching!

Kate Robertson said...

Oh I love our raindrops. Does this mean there is another punch out there I need. I love all the different colors and textures. The tape sounds like a great find.

Anne Manda said...

Lovely spread, sweet drops and interesting technique! <3

Unknown said...

This is a great page! I love the way you made your drops and that drafting tape is a neat trick... I'm going to have to look for that! I love dafont! I get lost on there too!
Happy PPF!
Heather Santos
Sparrow's Journey Blog

SAMARA said...

love love love love love!!!! once i opened the page my jaw dropped. i've never seen anything done like this before...it is breathtakingly brilliant! and i will look out for the crepe tape...thanks for the hint! HPPF

Ayala Art said...

Ohh! Super cool drops!! I love them!

libbyquilter said...

wonderful page~!
the chop and plop idea sounds so fun and i appreciate your tips and links. thank you.

:-)
libbyQ

Rita said...

So pretty and I love the quote! I keep thinking of doing something like this with my old paintings.

bellefrogworks said...

That is such a pretty page - I love the different sizes and designs on the droplets. Wonderful quote

Tracy said...

Love this page! Simple, but beautifully effective.

Mary Brack said...

I love this page! And your tear drops are beautiful. Thanks for sharing the tips about the crepe tape.

Monique said...

Wow, so beautiful, love the droplets and love the font =)
xx Monique

Clare Lloyd said...

fab page, I love it.

Shroo said...

Really enjoyed your post - lovely colourful art! Thank you for sharing - Shroo :)

denthe said...

Thanks for the tips! love that black crepe tape, and I just downloaded the font ... I'm a fontmaniac, can't get enough of exploring new fonts ;-) Won't be able to participate in the 29 faces either this time. I think the next one will be on again in February.

Linda Kunsman said...

Very cool!! I remember Aimee's drops. I love how you used the black to give it more punch too. I may have to try some of that tape :)

manomij said...

Happy Paper Saturdays :)
ManonX

veronica said...

cute! LOVE the shadows behind your drops.

iHanna said...

A very cute and happy page, and I know of the alure of free fonts! Download, download, download - all of them! :-)

Shari said...

Love your drop page! The tape is a great idea too! I came from Artists in Blogland.