Saturday, July 24, 2010

CAS76 - Tissue paper flower. . .

This card is for Splitcoaststamper's Clean & Simple Challenge #76. More playing around with my new Basic Grey Cappella 6x6 paper pad which I matched up with some A Muse Green Madeira patterned paper - don't they look pretty together?
My flower is different from ones I've done in the past. I used a circle punch to punch several thicknesses of tissue paper and topped it with a silk flower ripped from the stem ($1 per stem at Wal-Mart) and finished with a pretty brown pearl brad. The tissue paper adds some "heft" to the bloom.
I sewed around the edges and added some bling with a glittery swirl. The sentiment is from A Muse's clear Vintage stamp set - Headed out the door for a baby shower! Don't you just love babies??!!

5 comments:

Ravengirl said...

Wow, so pretty! Gorgeous patterned papers!

veronica said...

love your tissue backed flower! the paper is a good match too.

Kimberly Jones said...

Very pretty! Love the soothing color palette and the sparkle!

jen said...

yummy papers, glitter-chip & great idea on that flower!
gorgeous!

Dorothy C. said...

Very pretty card. I really like your flower idea, will definitely try. The brad assortment looks very nice too but I can't make out the words on the package. I'd love to get some.