Sunday, July 4, 2010

PDCC36 - Red bird . . .

This card is based on the Play Date Cafe Challenge #36 - Use Pink, White and Red for a card plus the PDCC design team issued an 'insider challenge' to one another to design something using birdcages, or to be exact,Tim Holtz's Birdcage Die Cut from Sizzix. Since I just got that diecut I decided to highjack that part of the challenge too!
These colors are not ones I would ever go to on my own - I would definitely replace the pink with a different color. But that is what a challenge is all about - going out of our comfort zone to try new things.
What I couldn't capture in the photo is the fact that the pink background is very shimmery due to my new Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist that I sprayed over the birdcage that I cut out. The Glimmer Mist is part of my Stamping Royalty prizes - Funny how something that I would never purchase is the first thing that I used! I like the little pun I was able to sneak in this card - "Just A Note" - get it?? hee hee

11 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is really fabulous! Love the bird, birdcage and the pearls!

Susan said...

This card is really pretty!! Love your take on the challenge!

Julie Ranae said...

Congratulations on your Cup of the Week last week and another fabulous entry for this week over at The Play Date Cafe : )

veronica said...

wish i could see the glimmer!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely, the birdcage makes a wonderful stencil. Thanks for playing along at the PDCC.

Monika Reeck said...

your Ribbon is sooo adorable...lovely Images too and great using the color combo....ADORABLE card..I just put my card number 80 on PDCC would you mind to see it in my Blog...many thanks before , hugs, Monika

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous bow, love the stencilled birdcage. Thanks for playing along with us at the play date cafe :)

Suzanne C said...

Love how you misted your background. Beautiful card. Glad you decided to join us at the PDCC and that you joined in on the birdcage challenge!

Ruby said...

Yay! Glad you decided to hijack the insider challenge, and a great job you did with that die too!!! Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Michelle! Love how you used the bird cage as a stencil.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Don't replace the pink--you did a GREAT job on this challenge! It is FAB! I love that glimmer!!! And that bird is beautiful! Great job all around:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)