Friday, October 15, 2010

Clean & Simple vs. Shabby & Vintage

Can a card be both Clean/Simple and Shabby/Vintage??  This card is based on the current Clean & Simple Stamping's layout (CAS112) but at first glance it appears to be Shabby/Vintage.
Clean & Simple - There were a minimum of products used to make this card (Basic Grey paper and stickers; Cosmo Cricket mini type; The Paper Studio Spare Parts flower brad; May Arts ribbon and old book paper) plus there is lots of white "empty" space.
Shabby & Vintage - The fact that the elements used were patterned and rather fussy, ink distressing on the edge of the pp and old book sheets lend the card a comfortable, weathered and worn look.
Well - it doesn't matter to me - I LOVE this card - I love that the old worn look of the flower is contrasted with the modern type from the stickers!  I love that it is monochromatic!  What do you think - Clean/Simple or Shabby/Vintage?

12 comments:

Catherine Pooler said...

Your flower is absolutely STUNNING!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the embellishment on your flower. Overall terrific vintage feel to this.

Bernadette Bliss said...

Simple, but stunning card.

jen said...

You pose an interesting question... I'm with you- can't quite decide which 'style' it is, but I LOVE it!!!!!! :)

sherry czarnecki said...

I'd say Simple Shabby, that about covers it! Georgeous!

Krista said...

You did a great job with the challenge, love your card !

Julie said...

I think it's both CAS & Shabby Vintage! It's also Gorgeous!

veronica said...

that flower center is very pretty.

Anke said...

WOW so wonderful, I love your card

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Fabby use of your supplies and sketch. Amazing card! LOVE IT!
:-)

Meda said...

Love the flower! Never imagined newspaper and bling can go together so well!

Sandy Ang said...

Love your shabby chic creation !
The handmade flower is so great.