Wednesday, November 24, 2010

OLW30 - Inspiring Minds


I am so swamped but I can't resist a One Layer Wednesday!  Jennifer Styles of Styles Ink is sponsoring this week's challenge - and the card below is the one I chose for my inspiration.
The birds were kinda "grungy" looking and the tiny touch of red in the lower right hand corner where the artist's signature is located were things that drew my eye.
Normally I'd "swirl and tap" to evenly ink a stamp but in this instance just lightly tapping the stamp to ink pad takes advantage of the woven fabric that makes up the top surface of a die ink pad.  See that tiny bit of yellow?  That's a chunk of Post-it that masked the area where I wanted to stamp my sentiment.  Liberal use of a Stamp-a-ma-jig made sure the butterflies were flying exactly where I envisioned them.
I wanted a little more red at the top so I added a satin ribbon and then finished up the bottom with some Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter - pretty bling!  The stamps and sentiment come from A Muse.

8 comments:

jen said...

I LOVE the look you achieved by not fully inking!! and that coarse glitter is the icing on the cake!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jennifer Styles said...

Wow! I love what people are coming up with for this challenge.

You totally captured the look and feeling!

Great job on the challenge!

Kimberly Jones said...

Great take on the challenge! I love the masking idea. It adds a lot of interest to a one layer card. The glitter is the perfect finishing touch!

veronica said...

pretty! love the masked area for the sentiment.

Kathy D said...

What a neat idea! Great for my 'less is more' days.
Thank you!

Susan said...

I love the look of the stamped image! I can see how you were inspired by the bird image! Beautifully done!

Deborah Frings said...

This is great - I like the grungy effect you achieved in your stamping, and the red greeting really brings it all alive!

PetraB said...

Such a wonderful interpretation of the original card.