Thursday, June 16, 2011

CARDS Blog - Paper Weaving

This week has passed by in a blur - I made this card on Monday and I am just now posting it on Thursday night!!  The CARDS blog had a challenge to make cards featuring paper weaving so I decided to give it a whirl.  I cut a sheet of cardstock into 1/2" strips.  I taped several together across the top and then had fun weaving it together.  To attach it to the front of the card I used spray adhesive and then used scissors to cut off the excess.
Layering dies is a fun way to make a focal point on the front of your card.  I LOVE the Vintage Labels dies/stamps!!  The sentiment is from the Hospitality House set and the flowers are from Clever Girls.
All supplies available through

6 comments:

jen said...

This is Fab!! Congrats on the CARDS feature!!! :D

Laurel said...

This is gorgeous!

veronica said...

great color combo, and love the layered dies too!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for submitting it to the CARDS challenge!

Rachael said...

I love this card! It's so beautiful! It looks like it took forever to make. I also love the die/stamp combo, I'll have to check that out in my catalog. :) Hope you're having a great summer so far my friend.

bosenberries said...

gorgeous card! Love the colours you used in the floral background!! Robin