Thursday, June 16, 2011

CARDS Blog - Paper Weaving

This week has passed by in a blur - I made this card on Monday and I am just now posting it on Thursday night!!  The CARDS blog had a challenge to make cards featuring paper weaving so I decided to give it a whirl.  I cut a sheet of cardstock into 1/2" strips.  I taped several together across the top and then had fun weaving it together.  To attach it to the front of the card I used spray adhesive and then used scissors to cut off the excess.
Layering dies is a fun way to make a focal point on the front of your card.  I LOVE the Vintage Labels dies/stamps!!  The sentiment is from the Hospitality House set and the flowers are from Clever Girls.
All supplies available through

5 comments:

jen said...

This is Fab!! Congrats on the CARDS feature!!! :D

veronica said...

great color combo, and love the layered dies too!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for submitting it to the CARDS challenge!

Rachael said...

I love this card! It's so beautiful! It looks like it took forever to make. I also love the die/stamp combo, I'll have to check that out in my catalog. :) Hope you're having a great summer so far my friend.

Robin said...

gorgeous card! Love the colours you used in the floral background!! Robin