Saturday, June 4, 2011

PDCC84 - You make my heart happy!!

This card is based on the Play Date Cafe Challenge colors of pink, green and white.  If you look at the inspiration pic you see a LOT of pink - A freakish amount of pink in my opinion and since this is my blog it is the only opinion that counts, right?
This picture does remind me of my grandmother though since she collected this kind of glass - I really liked those dishes when I was a kid especially when they had candy in them (just keeping it real).  Anyhoo, I used my favorite a muse|studio Woodgrain/Harlequin Impression plate on this card and a tiny bit of black since you know most designers say that each room and/or greeting card needs a touch of black.
Stamp sets used are Marvelous Marigolds, Kindred Spirits (leaves) and Hand Scripted.  The ink is Bubblegum and Grass and the cardstock is Lichen.
All supplies are available in my online a muse|studio shop!

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

So beautiful, I really enjoy the woodgrain impression, I think it adds so much.

veronica said...

those are great colors! love how you did the dark/light on the blooms(rock-n-roll?).

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Michelle! Love those stamps, especially the sentiment and your woodgrain background is perfect! (I would definitely like that glassware even more... if it were full of candy!)

Helen Philippousis said...

Beautiful colours...
Beautiful combination...
Baeutiful card...

Julie Ranae said...

This photo for the color inspiration is a reminder for me of each visit I make to my mother-in-law's home in England...lots of colors, but they all seem to work when you're there....this is a beautiful interpretation of the colors, Michelle! Great to have you play with us once again!

Janetcraft said...

This is a really heartfelt card...I love the sentiment and fonts..looks so natural and the stamping background with flowers and leaf really looks natural too..with the embossed woodgran...really feeling like I am in a garden!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Michelle, I liked your clean layout right away when I spied it in the gallery at the Play Date CAfe. The woodgrain embossing/debossing gives it that extra 'kick' of interest. Thanks for playing with us once again at the Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is gorgeous - I just love that background texture and how you framed that panel with black. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful interpretation of the colors, girl! LOVE your CAS design, especially with that scrumptious woodgrain and bits of black! Yummy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Rachael said...

Congrats on your win sweetie! I love the card! You do such a great job on all your cards and I'm never surprised when you win challenges. :)