Monday, June 20, 2011

Less is More - Week 20 - Monogram

This week's Less is More Challenge is - Monogram!!  I love monograms - The letter M is featured throughout our house - Our last name is Mathey but my boys say that I have all the M's for me (Michelle) - I won't argue it - I did have lots of monogrammed things even before I was married.  What's not to love about an "M"??  Did you notice that even my watermark features my monogram prominently?
Case in point - here's a cabinet in our kitchen.  While it is truly a hodgepodge of every tchotchke (yup - I spelled that word correctly without spellcheck - one of my many useless talents) that seems to cross my path it also features several M's.  There is at least one "m" in every room in our house.  My favorites are the hidden m's though - lots of those too.  Occasionally, my one brother sneaks from room to room turning all my m's into w's.  Cracks me up - 
Anyway, I can't let my love of the letter M go unmentioned in my monogram card.  If one "m" is good then lots of "m"'s are better (too true - ever hear of m&m's???)  I featured the a muse|studio Classic Alphabet Clear Stamp Set (on sale right now!!) embossed onto kraft cardstock with some Washi tape, Flax Paper Flower, Bermuda Button and a snippet of Sugar Organdy Ribbon.  

26 comments:

Chrissie said...

Mmmmmmmmmm!
Lovely card Michelle... I love the story of your brothers turning the Ms into Ws.
Thanks so much for joining again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Snap on the MM Michelle, that's me too!
Love all those monograms on your card and in your house...fabulous!
Thank you as always
Div aLIM mandi moore!
"LEss is More"

Dolly Daydreams said...

Love your M & M card great monogram and so beautifully crafted a real treat to see.

Marie

Deborah Frings said...

Just love your card - and the story about your brothers turning your Ms into Ws. Really made me smile!

Carol said...

Super card and lol at your brothers. Carol x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

super card, love kraft and this design is fab

ali x

Suzi B said...

I really love this card... fabulous!
Sue :)

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card, I love the aqua and white, very fresh. xx

Pamela Wade said...

I LOVE this card! My sister collects E's as that's what her last name starts with! I think it's a neat idea....I might have to start collecting some W's! Too funny about your brothers! ~~Pam

Kimberly Jones said...

Marvelous! Magnificent! Magical!Love the M's and the kraft paper and the washi tape! Your brothers are hilarious by the way!

Sarah said...

looks just fabulous - at first I thought it was a journal! Love your work and this is great.
Sarah at 108

Beryl K said...

This is fabulous
Beryl x

Kathyk said...

Love the card, love the photo and love the story behind your M&M's too!! (or should that be W&W?)

Kathyk

Netty said...

Beautiful and very creative card

fatmonica said...

Great card!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Michelle

What a great card love all your M's. Also love your story about your brother turning your M's to W's - luckily you see the funny side of it!

Tina
X

Diane Louise J said...

Lovely card x

Jo Street said...

Love the card Michelle, so elegant.
Jox

Lynne said...

Fabulous card.
Lynne xxx

veronica said...

love all of your M's. when i see a monogrammed M, i think of your name even over my mom's!

jen said...

Love the color combo- and your M's are fabulous! (I admit that I will be googling the word you can spell without spellcheck! *ha*)

Susan said...

I definitely would have had to use spell check! LOL! LOVE the card and I love that you use the "M" all around your house. Great brothers you have to...LOL!
My Card

Dana said...

I love this card. I love the choice of cardstock and the colors.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your card Michelle - in fact I love ALL your cards! And don't you just love brothers! Vx

Angel said...

Love all those monograms on your card and in your house...fabulous.I might have to start collecting soon like this..
Stamps and Embossers

Notary Public Supplies said...

Love all those monograms on your card and in your house...fabulous!LOVE the card and I love that you use the "M" all around your house. Great brothers you have to...LOLL!