Saturday, November 5, 2011

Art Journal - Circles

More goofing off in my art journal - today I played with circles - lots of circles.  The background was painted with yellow and tan acrylic paints then a bit of shimmer was added with Tim Holtz Metallic paints.
Then lots of circles with art pastels made the scene.  I never had an art class in school and only know a very limited amount about art supplies but I do know that I enjoy smooshing my fingers around in the pastels to get them to blend.  Don't know that I could ever achieve anything that looked identifiable so circles seemed pretty safe.  By the way - do I need to spray this with any type of fixative or will it be okay on its own??
Found a cool quote that seemed perfect - "Circles create soothing space where even reticent people can realize that their voice is welcome."
My art journal is getting thicker all the time!!  So many things to try -
I feel some wire coming soon - - - Linking up to the Just Journals Link Party on Marcia Beckett's blog.

10 comments:

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I am so glad you shared your journal pages. I love them! I really like using circles too...something so calming & comfortable about them. Using fingers is super fun too - makes me feel like a kid again! :)

Anonymous said...

Circle lover here too! Must be the connection thing. Great colors, I was so happy to see these pages in the link, they made me smile. xox Corrine

veronica said...

i like your writing around some of them.
in art class, we used to use aerosol hair spray as a fixative for our pastels. hope that helps.

Marcia Beckett said...

ooh so pretty! Yep, use hair spray as fixative.

Janet said...

We must have been thinking alike! Your circles are beautiful! And I really like that quote. Great journal spread!!

jen said...

all your art journaling makes me happy.... :)

Carolyn Dube said...

Circles are the one of my favorite shapes right now. I really like the impact yours have! I'm feeling the circle urge myself now for some reason...

Kimberly Jones said...

Wow! Those circles are so cool! I love all the colors, and the quote is perfect. Looks like lots of fun!

Kimberly Jones said...

Ooh! I just saw your adorable owls featured at Artists in Blogland! So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I so need an art journal! Your work always inspires me - How fun :)