Monday, November 28, 2011

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: Red and Rustic

I wanted to play along with the current Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: Red & Rustic but wanted to do something "different" than my usual MO (I watched Law & Order this morning - har har) so I decided to make an art journal page.
The Trigger Challenge rules are to make a paper crafted project so I think an art journal page should work just fine.  LOTS of papercrafting goodies are featured on this page including: Making Memories - Sienne Paper Reverie ribbon and gemstone brad; Jillibean Soup - Corrugated shapes; Basic Grey patterned paper (Curio - I should have bought two of these!!) and paper ribbon; Pink Paislee rubons, etc.
The idea behind the girl is from the online SheArt workshop (Christy Tomlinson) - I've been making a plethora of the girls lately and they are fun!!  Like paper dolls but you make the dolls and the clothes.  The weather has turned for the worse around here - wet and cold!!  Guess winter has decided to stay now!
I am linking this post up to the Show and Tell Saturday #13 on Artists in Blogland.

12 comments:

veronica said...

i loved paperdolls as a kid! cute. you should enter that in the Make It Monday too.

Helen F. said...

Fabulous card, Michelle! Love the paper dolls too :o)

Marlena M. said...

I love the way you got all graphic like...very cool! ;)

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i always like how text looks in a journal page. this piece looks wonderful! thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Unknown said...

Cool!!!!

linda (dots n doodles) said...

I love this, and I love that red, so warming.

Sarah Sequins said...

Michelle,

Beautiful journal page! I love the combination of art and text.

-- Sarah, visiting from Artists in Blogland

Joni Nickrent said...

Beautiful page and love the color inspiration!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Wonderful journal page. I love Christy's she art, too. :)

Tracey FK said...

really lovely page... the art and text combo is great xx

Anonymous said...

I like the text background to your paper girl and the rustic and red makes a lovely color theme. xox Corrine

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)