Sunday, April 21, 2013

Illustration Friday - TRAIN

 
"Be quiet.  I lost my TRAIN of thought."

I know I can't be the only one that seems to regularly forget what I was thinking just the moment before.  The worst part is when I walk with a purpose directly to a cabinet or drawer and then for the life of me can't remember why I am there.  That's when I make the above face - where you try looking back into your brain for the answer. It isn't until I've gone back to where I started that eventually I remember again what it was that I needed, sigh. . .
Started with some pretty junk papers and sketched a girl and fingerpainted her face.  Look closely at my newest favorite paint stick (from Kim - thanks!!) - SHARPIE Mean Streak.  It is labeled as a waterproof permanent marking stick that can mark on wet or dry surfaces and is fade resistent, nontoxic and dries within minutes.  
Linking to Creative Every Day and

9 comments:

Patrick Brennan said...

beautiful work!

Tony LaRocca said...

My train of thought derailed and crashed years ago. Beautiful work! :)

Janet said...

You might have lost your train of thought but you still created a wonderful piece of art. And thanks for the tip about the new Sharpie.

Unknown said...

I see a face painting "style" developing... Very cool to to watch it happen...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
denthe said...

omg I love her! Haha, that quote is hilarious! And so so recognizable ....

Anonymous said...

Awesome expression. Like it.

Clare Lloyd said...

i love the face and colours you built up to create shaes. fab! x

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so familiar with this feeling, I call it natures way of making me exercise!