Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Mini Wax Canvas

Look at my teeny-tiny wax canvas!  
This critter is only 2" x 4".
Colored directly onto the canvas with some cheap-o crayons.  If I were to do this again I'd use better quality crayons - they would have more pigment. 
Melted the first layer with my heat gun.  The wax is shiny cause it is still hot.
Added more colors and kinda swirled it a bit -  
Finished off with some India Ink droplets and a book quote.  It is residing in the living room keeping company with some shells, rocks, a geode and a tiny pinecone.

11 comments:

Janet said...

The canvas is beautiful, and I LOVE the technique! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie said...

This is very pretty. Thanks for sharing this techniqeu with us.
Liefs, Melaniw

denthe said...

I didn't even know they had canvas that tiny! This is so cute. The red looks like a face to me....

Maron said...

very pretty and clever! I love that color combo...

moongirl said...

I like the idea of crayons and a heat gun and the way it transforms the colours - never tried. I love miniatures!

Deli-аrt said...

Суупер идея!!!
Моя подруга стружит мелки ножом, а потом это проглаживает утюгом. Интересный эффект получается :-))

Deli-аrt said...

Интересно, а фен для эмбосинга растопит мелки?

alarmcat said...

i've never seen this technique before…very cool :)

veronica said...

i love it! bet it feels great too!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this. What a great idea for stocking stuffers for all my artsy friends.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this. What a great idea for stocking stuffers for all my artsy friends.