Sunday, November 3, 2013

More veggies?

She was thinking about eating more vegetables.  Such a pity it didn't seem to go any further than that. . .

Do you eat as many veggies as you should?  My husband and I are thinking about getting a Vitamix type of thing and drinking our veggies - seems like a quick way to get a bunch in.  I like to take the easy way out when I can - at one point I was in the pursuit of  more fiber and thought that eating 2 heaping tablespoons of ground flax-seed (dry, right from the spoon) first thing in the morning would do the trick.  After about a week though I was having horrible stomach pains. I told my husband and he said,"What do you expect when you wash down your fiber with coffee??!!!" - I never thought those two might not be the best combo - LOL! 
Linking to Art Every Day Month

6 comments:

janice smith said...

You are my kind of girl! Chug those veggies! Love the sketch! xo, janice

carol said...

Although I use it more for fruit smoothies and salsa, I love my Vitamix!

denthe said...

You can also try green smoothies, you might like them (I drank it for about 3 days and then I'd had enough, but my hubby kept drinking it for several weeks). Love your illustration.

alarmcat said...

great sketch!

i made lots of fruit smoothies in the summer. now that it's colder, it doesn't seem that appealing. I'm on the lookout for "warm" or at least room temp drink recipes :)

veronica said...

i know of your love of a protein bar for breakfast, how about a fiber bar, still has the choc coating you love?

Kimberly Jones said...

I love my Vitamix! I've been trying to eat more veggies too, and I think i'll just start adding them to my smoothies! Great idea!