Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cardboard house -

I decorated this little cardboard house with Dream Street Papers in the Mairzy Doats line and my favorite sparkle paper - Doodlebug Design Bon Bon Sugar Coated Cardstock!!! (LOVE that sparkle paper!!) The roof was a lot of punching!!! I used the Fiskars Threading Water Punch and punched the edges of the paper and then cut into 1/2" strips. I did the back first (cause it is easiest) and then showed my youngest son, Caleb. He said, "That's looks really nice but now you have to do the front and that looks much harder." Truer words were never spoken. Funnily, my own roof was being replaced at the same time and I am much happier to be inside punching paper than outside in the cold/wind nailing on an actual roof!
BTW - Shae Otto took my Copic class last week and wrote me up on her blog - It's Great to Be Here. Thanks for the nice comments, Shae!! You made me blush!

3 comments:

AuBien said...

Hi Michelle!
WOW! You put a lot of work into this adorable house! It really turned out cute - and SHIMMERY! I tried to peek inside the windows to see if you put a stamping studio in there but I couldn't tell! :) I really LOVED your class and I've been coloring a BUNCH since last week trying to master the techniques you showed! I can't say enough great things about your class. See you soon.

Lisa said...

Love your house. The roof looks great!! As for your real roof, I expect I will have a new one by the end of spring as well. Loved reading all the great comments about your Copics class. I can't wait to take the class Saturday!! See you then!

veronica said...

your roof is the coolest! love the bright green trim too.