Friday, April 2, 2010

Woodgrain Poppies

I decided that it was time to dig out my hunk of basswood and stamp some Hero Arts poppies on it! The veneer is thin enough to cut with my papertrimmer and Mr. Corner Chomper worked wonders on it!! Didn't even flinch when I told him that he was gonna chomp wood!! The PTI sentiment is stamped on vellum and attached to the wood with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (another favorite tool of mine). Shimmer paper and pearls from A Muse added a splash of color. Got a question for you - I tried on these shoes today and wonder if any of you have them. They felt really good in the store but they are kinda "Frankenstein monster-y" - are they worth the money?? I need better shoes to wear when I am walking the dog -

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Beautiful card. . . .as usual. As to the shoes, I LOVE mine! You really do need to walk heel to toe like they say and you will get a little work out as well. I think they are so comfortable. They are light weight too. I know a couple of nurses who wear them for work purposes and they swear by them (no hurting back or knees at all). One of my friends here bought a pair (despite hating the price) and is very grateful she did. She is a daily and faithful walker for her own exercise and for her dogs! When I bought mine, I wore them around the house on the carpet for a few days (1) to see if I liked them and (2) to get used to walking in them. I would buy them again. Good luck!