Thursday, March 31, 2011

OLW47: Sketch-o-mania

Time for a One Layer Wednesday Challenge - This week's challenge is hosted by Jennifer Styles and is a sketch challenge - I kept very closely to the sketch, used my A*Muse|Studio products and popped out this card -
 Liked it so much I popped out a whole set of these cards!!
Once you've masked an area in the center of your card, the background is easily/quickly stamped with the Darling Dots background stamp - the sentiments and label stamps are from Avian Notes.
A tried and true method of enhancing a masked area is to emboss it with a Nestabilities die (Classic Rectangles).  My husband even commented, "You sure got your money's worth out of your Cuttlebug." - so true - I did my first craft fair to earn money to buy it!!  LOVE that little guy.  Do you see the two small pieces of Washi tape on the handle?  Those come in so handy for holding the edge dies in place while cutting - that is a tip I picked up from Julie Ebersole.
The little bit of embossing helps to give the background dots some definition and makes the cutest frame for your sentiment.
YUP - a pink one - couldn't resist - it was the last one I stamped and I tried to not to do it but pink seemed like the best color to go with the other cards.  That's for you - Kim and Jen!
Here they are - happy little "Spring"-y, polka dotted cards.  Don't polka dots make you smile?
Tomorrow is the day our A*Muse|Studio web stores go live!!  I'd love it you dropped by -

14 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there,,great idea, your cards are brilliant:0) xxx
p.s I love my cuttlebug too:0)

Shobana said...

Very clever! Neat set of cards! Very pretty indeed! :)

Jennifer Styles said...

Polka dots definitely make me smile, something so cheerful and happy about them!

Love the set of cards you created!

Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW47!

Cheryl said...

Super OLW cards! One can never have to many thank you's!

Anonymous said...

Really stylish cards, thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

Hi your cards are so simple and pretty. I love the embossed rectangle too.
Jennie X

veronica said...

yep! the polka dots are great. the embossing is a nice addition too!

jen said...

the pink one is my fave.... :)
(I'll admit that they are all great!)

Jennie M said...

These are SO cute!

Susan said...

My first purchase was a revolution and I did t think I needed a cuttlebug, but I bought last last year. Now I don't know how I loved without it! Love this card! Definitely plan to check out A Muse!

Dolly LaBelle said...

Oh so pretty. I love polka dots and so many colors.
What a great gift idea too. I'm on my second Cuttlebug!

Kimberly Jones said...

The pink one is the prettiest of course! Love the dots!

Deborah Frings said...

Great set of cards - love the dots!!

Joan B said...

ok, these are genius. what a great idea to emboss the center like that.