Friday, March 2, 2012

OLW82 - Cream, Black and Bling plus faces. . .

This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge is Cream, Black and Bling and retired products - Cornish Heritage Farms Backgrounders (Scalloped Tiles, Art Nouveau) and wood-mounted A Muse Artstamps sentiments.  BTW - I just made up the part about using retired products but feel free to if you want. . .
The bling comes from a strip of double-sided tape sprinkled with Martha Stewart Onyx glitter.  This combo makes a simple but elegant look. Guess what else I worked on?
I am taking Pam Carriker's Pursue Portraits class.  Funny, I never took an online class until last year but I've really been enjoying them lately.
I drew these faces after watching the first 8 minutes of Lesson One - I'm going to go watch more and learn about shading - WHOO HOO!  Can't wait to see what I can do after 6 lessons!!
In the past when I've tried to make faces the eyes were invariably too large and way too high on the face.  Good to finally learn the rules of symmetry for face drawing - maybe with practice, I will one day produce something that looks like a  real person. . .kinda sorta.

10 comments:

Janet said...

I'm addicted to online classes! I took Pam's portraits class, too, and really enjoyed it. Your face sketches look great!

Michelle said...

Your faces look fantastic! I love your art, Michelle.

I love this card, too. It is so elegant. :-)

Mynn xx said...

Okay, the bling strips are AMAZING!!! LOVE these--so pretty! Your faces are looking great--can't wait to see what else you create! :)

Robyn said...

I love your pretty one layer card- and thanks! you gave me a good idea for my entry! TFS!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love the layout you used on this card, Michelle! I've not tried putting the bling on the tape, but it's a great idea. Good job with the face drawings, too!

Susan said...

Michelle, your cards are simply gorgeous and so elegant!! LOVE them! Love your artwork too...I play around with Zentangles, and have done a portrait or two...but would LOVE to learn more!

Pauline said...

Your cards are wonderful. So elegant. I have never taken an online class. So glad you are enjoying it.
Hugs
Pauline H.

Mandi said...

Gorgeous card Michelle
am in awe of your drawing skills
I was a pretty good at drawing at school, but having not done it for so long I don't feel I can now

mandi

veronica said...

nice to see your face(s) today! lol
i was happy to see you, and your online faces. your lips in the last drawing are beautiful, i love the shape.
your black & white cards are very pretty!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle. Wow, wonderful drawing also. ;)