Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Advanced Doodling" - Part 2 - Paisley Flower

Another doodle - this time a "paisley" like flower.  I have a funny history with paisley - I had a strong aversion to it when I was younger - so much so that I told my mom that anyone who liked paisley (including her) was crazy.  Like most people, as I've grown up, I've learned to like a lot of things that I didn't as a child - coffee, potato salad, Scandinavian furniture, abstract art, bourbon balls.  I LOVE bourbon balls -
maybe a bit too much because when Caleb was about 5 or 6 he was drawing a picture and asked me how to spell bourbon!!  Turns out he was sketching a picture of a candy shop and sure enough right on the counter was a big box labeled Bourbon Balls for me - love that kid!  Anyhoo - I have a great affection for paisley now and even sport it on my clothing.  Mom does give me a hard time about it - do you blame her?

6 comments:

veronica said...

cool background, kinda bubbly, kinda scaly.

Janet said...

I like your paisleys. I, too, like lots of things I didn't care for as a younger person.

jen said...

love how bright & detailed they are...
bourbon balls. hee.

Becky Rusher said...

Cool paisley, Michelle!

Kimberly Jones said...

This is the prettiest paisley I've ever seen! I used to never like it either, but it has kinda grown on me over the years!

Charmingdesigns said...

I'm giggling as I go through your blog. I too have taken from Pam...then I scrolled down...I too am taking from Alisa, I love your cards