Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Draw Your Supplies" - Sketchbook Delight II - Lesson 1

The Sketchbook Delight - Part 2 class taught by Alisa Burke just started yesterday - The first lesson is a review of the things taught in Sketchbook Delight 1 including info on supplies (pens, paper, pencils, paint, etc.), shading, sketching, applying color, etc.  I'm really excited to take this class -
The homework is to draw your supplies (I painted mine too cause I am a rebel) and I am tickled to be able to say that it is pretty apparent that I chose a pencil, paintbrush and pen to draw.  I avoided the pens that were clear because the thought of trying to convey transparency was spooky to me - I need to work on adding more shading but I need to be a bit braver for that - all that water sloshing around willy-nilly makes me nervous too!  Can't wait til the next lesson. . .
Linking to - Just Journals Linky Party and Art Journal Every Day (Julie Fei-Fan Balzer).

9 comments:

veronica said...

oh, i can't wait to start Part 2! looks like fun! your pencil is perfect! love it.

Kimberly Jones said...

I'm taking this class too! I loved Sketchbook Delight 1! Your supplies look awesome!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! This is amazing! Love the shadowing you've done

scrapmanufaktur said...

awesome, you did a great job

Carolyn Dube said...

These are stunning! Great shading!

Tammie Lee said...

It looks wonderful. Have a grand time in the class.

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic ... great drawing and coloring!

Kristin said...

Wonderful!! You are such a talented artist - and these look so real! xo

Daniele Valois said...

oh, so cool!