Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sketching flowers in the car. . .

I'm a big fan of neutrals - my favorite colors are brown, black and gray.   However, after weeks and weeks of winter weather with all my surroundings being dull and neutral a splash of color was just what I needed!! 
Started with flowers that I sketched in the car while waiting to pick up the kiddo from school - blechy and rainy outside.  I loved the black/white sketch and was tempted to leave it but the urge to play with color wouldn't be left alone!
Much brighter than what I usually do but I'm really happy with how cheery this turned out! 
Linking to Sunday Sketches and

11 comments:

ColourFly said...

It is the perfect page for a grey cold winter day. Love it!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

How FUN! I remember those days sitting in the car waiting for the boys to get out of practice.
~ karen

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

What a charming journal entry ~ so cheerful ... and provocative, too.

Merry creating!

Unknown said...

Lovely! I can't wait for spring!

Megan P. Ernst said...

Beautiful colors! :) I'm very much looking forward to spring.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful :)

Alexandra MacVean said...

Beautiful, colourful sketchbook page, Michelle. I love it. Did you use paints on this one or just pens/markers? :)

alarmcat said...

i know what you mean. there is something about this dull gray weather that puts me in the mood to paint bright, happy flowers :)

love how you fill your "car" time with "draw" time!! :)

CatieAn said...

Both are wonderful...but I will choose bright colors every time. Nice to see someone else that sketches in those idle moments of waiting

Elizabeth Cooper said...

I saw your beautiful art on the Creative Every Day link-up and had to come take a closer look! I adore the bright colors you used, and the lettering and quote as well. Everything works so well together on your lovely page!

And how awesome that you can reclaim some of that car time by being creative. I love that. :)