Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CAS139 - Brown Orchids? yup. . .

This week's CAS challenge at Splitcoast Stampers is to make a card based on the picture below.  YUMMY = big cup of coffee and a frosted apple treat (don't know what that thing is but I do know that I wouldn't hesitate to eat it were the opportunity to afford itself - better watch out frosted apple scone thingie!).
Finally used my Papertrey Ink Gracious Vases stamp set - for fun each of the flowers has a little bling courtesy of either a Sakura Gelly Roll Sparkle or Glaze pen.  
Maybe in your world Orchids are white or pink but in my world they are a lovely shade of shiny brown!!   My MIL is coming for a visit later this week and she likes to write cards so this was a good opportunity to dig out my Basic Grey Curio paper pad and make a bunch of cards for her with that gorgeous patterned paper!!

This is an easy way to make several cards quickly and yet have each one be different and unique!  Just in case you were wondering the patterned paper strips are .75", .5", and 1.25" x 4.25" (mostly I am putting these measurements down so that I don't have to figure it out again the next time I want to make cards with this layout - I'm lazy that way)  The sentiments and dotted lines are from the a muse|studio Friend to Friend and Polka Dot Patterns stamp sets.

5 comments:

Becky Rusher said...

Your posts are sheer entertainment, Michelle! That apple scone thingie does look delish! Anyhoo... great cards! Enjoy your company! Hugs,
Becky

Lisa said...

Very pretty cards!

veronica said...

your mix of patterned paper is terrific! and i am SO loving your vases too.

jen said...

I'd eat whatever that is in a heartbeat! yum! and yummy cards too- what a great use of that gorgeous paper!! :D

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Michelle....what a fantastic set. Thank you for sharing in my DD reveal day!