Thursday, October 20, 2011

CARDS Challenge - Chevron


This week's challenge on the CARDS blog was to use Chevron.  If you haven't already noticed, Chevron is one of the hottest trends around.  Why do we love chevron so much - could it have something to do with that stripe of chevron on Charlie Brown's shirt?
When our older son Connor was small he had a rather large, round, bald head and Corey wanted to take his picture in a Charlie Brown shirt and I wouldn't let him do it - I wish I had cause it would be funny to me now but at the time I was insulted that he was poking fun at our son.
This chevron is made with a muse|studio Washi Tape and Tim Holtz Tissue Tape using this tutorial from Julie Campbell.  The flower is PTI felt and dies.  The sentiment, cardstock and texture are from a muse|studio and are available in my online shop.

3 comments:

jen said...

Your Charlie Brown story cracks me up! :D
I love this card- the colors are gorgeous & those stripes so fun! Congrats on making the CARDS feature! :D

Karen B. said...

Beautiful mix of patterns for your chevron, and to top it all off with that gorgeous flower is icing on the cake!

veronica said...

very cool washi tape chevron! neat idea! pretty card. love those colors.