Sunday, November 25, 2012

AEDM (Day 25) - Whiskers

The Illustration Friday topic this week is WHISKERS and I at first thought of drawing a little critter with whiskers but then had the idea to carve a stamp with a whiskery greeting. . .
 Sketched my little dude out on vellum and transferred to my stamp medium for carving. 
Stamped him in mustard ink first and then reinked the beard/hair parts and used a stamp positioner to line him up for a cool contrast.
 Made a set of cards while I was at it - you never know when someone will need a whiskery "hi".
Check out all the creativity on Art Every Day Month

6 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

People whiskers! :)
Cool!

Anonymous said...

I love it! What did you carve him on?
Stay inspired!

veronica said...

he is very cute! we love him!

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I love the contrasting colours.

Kimberly Jones said...

I really love this stamp! Has a very woodcut feel. Love the whiskery greeting!

DJ said...

You leave me no choice. I have to say it. You are a genius