Monday, September 20, 2010

CPS185 - Maya Road Gift Card

Today's card is based on this weeks Card Positioning Systems Sketch #185.  I decided to go "all out" and play with some of my new embellishments!
Started with the fun Maya Road Envelope I picked up at the Doodlebug.  I made that flower from a K&Company Chipboard flower - just punched a hole in the center with the Crop-a-dile and added a Tim Holtz metal flower and a Spare Parts shimmery brown brad and then sparkled it up with some Stickles.
WOW!  What a gorgeous pile of products!  Do you see that 7 Gypsies paper pad - it is double-sided!!  There are silver leaves from Prima, Basic Grey Micro letter stickers, The Girls' Paperie Eclectic Chipboard alphabet and a big ol' Zva Crystal swirl (I splurged and used the entire thing at once).  I had a GOB OF FUN when I was at Archiver's buying most of that stash - - -
Even better - look what's inside the envelope - a Starbucks giftcard.  Maybe I'll just leave it in there and find it again sometime down the road.  I am like a squirrel that way - Just this morning I was writing all the debit stuff down (sad) but then I found $10 in my checkbook (glad!). 
Once in a while I just love playing with lots of my embellishments at once!!  I like to lay them out on the table and pick and choose from the piles of stuff (but not when Corey is looking because he doesn't need to think that I've got more than enough stuff, right?)  BTW - There's not a lick of stamping on this card - crazy!

9 comments:

MelissaS said...

what a fabulous card! I LOVE all the embellies you used, especially the gift card envelope.

Kimberly Jones said...

Gorgeous! I love all the layers and the colors, and the fact that it holds a Starbucks gift card! It's fabulous!

Maria said...

Absolutely lovely card...amazing...love everything about it!!!

Lea L. said...

So pretty and full of detail! I love the jewel flourish! Great job with CPS 185!!

♥♥♥Lea

JulieHRR said...

WHAAAAAT???!!! NO STAMPING????*aghast* Kidding. I am KIDDING you!!! This is utterly amazing and beautimous, Michelle!

Jennifer Aviles said...

WHOA. . this is gorgeous!

Kristii said...

Awesome!!! I love your patterned paper combo and the jewels are perfect!

Liz said...

Stunning ! I may just try a card without stamping...and hope it turns out half as nice as yours.

Rachael said...

Congrats on your win at CPS! Way to go! I can't wait til next month when the mag comes out with both our names in it. :) Keep up the great work girlie!