Sunday, September 26, 2010

Photo Card Tutorial -

I LOVE flowers and I love taking pictures of flowers.  When you capture a striking picture from nature a nice clean setting is the best way to showcase its beauty.
I used Picasa 3 to print out several pictures at once using the small wallet size.
Nestabilities and the Cuttlebug are the easiest way I've found to cut the pictures out to the size I want.  The Nestabilities die pictured is from the Small Classic Rectangle set - the next to the largest size.  The sandwich I use for cutting is - A plate, B plate, photo, Nestabilities die (pointed down) and C plate.  I realize that this isn't the normal sandwich but I like to see what I am cutting!
LOOK at that pretty pile of beautiful flowers!  Nearly all of those pictures were taken in my yard over the past couple years.
A great way to set off the pictures is to emboss a frame using the largest of the Nestabilities Small Classic Rectangle dies.   The sandwich I use for embossing is - A plate, 2 sheets of paper for shimming, B plate, rubber embossing mat, cardstock, Nestabilities die (pointing down) and B plate.  This step really adds a WOW factor to a finished photo card.
I stamped sentiments with some of my favorite A Muse stamps and now I am ready for finishing these cards "assembly line" style.  I frame out the photos with a piece of black cardstock that is a bit bigger than the photo.  TIP - Remember if you printed your photos on an inkjet printer DO NOT use any type of liquid glue to adhere your photos or disaster will ensue (don't ask how I know this).  I use dimensionals to attach the matted photos to the finished notecards.
Here is a pile of finished cards.  A fun variation is to make photo cards with vacation photos - I've done that for gifts in the past or to use a family picture as a personalized thank you card.
Here are a few of my favorites.  Have fun!
BTW - I won on the CPS blog this week!!  WHOO HOO!!

6 comments:

jen said...

These look gorgeous!! I used to mount pics I'd taken all the time for cards- but haven't done it since I got my nesties- that frame really ups the class factor!!!

jen said...

OH! and just saw you won CPS too- congrags!!! :D

veronica said...

these are beautiful. what a great glue tip, i wouldn't have known that either.
you should show some of your black and white pics, i think those are my fav!

Kimberly Jones said...

These are really pretty and add such a personal touch to greeting cards!

Laurel said...

Gosh these are gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Lovely photos and lovely cards. So pleased to see the way you used the Nestabilities to unify everything.