Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Card Patterns - Sketch 55

This card was made for Sketch 55 from the Card Patterns Weekly Card Sketch. I have been finding great sketch blogs all over the place in "blog world" and this one is no exception! All A Muse except for the kraft paper - this card makes me smile!
Here's a quick Copic trick for ya - I used two Copic markers to kinda scribble in the tree foliage. Looks good but how about some extra punch -
I keep a Ranger Mini Mister filled with Colorless Blender fluid (I have Mini Misters filled with water, window cleaner, rubbing alcohol, etc. Just mark them with a small Sharpie so you know which one you are about to spray. They are great. I'd recommend getting several!) I crumpled up a paper towel, misted it with the Colorless Blender Fluid, then pounced it randomly on the tree -
A fun way to add "texture" to your tree. BTW - Do this technique when you've only colored the treetop - If you wait until you've colored your whole image you will add "texture" where you don't want it!!
Remember the paper ribbon?! Made with my A muse shimmer paper - this is awesome - I've used it on several projects now -
Stamps - A muse 2-6126G Swing Girl
Ink - Momento Dye Tuxedo Black Dye Ink
Paper - A Muse Shimmer, A Muse petite gingham, A Muse Woodgrain, kraft
Accessories - A Muse White Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon, Copic Markers, Marvy Uchida punches, Corner Chomper

4 comments:

dstandard said...

What a fabulous tutorial! Love your adorable card - am going to have to try this! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

veronica said...

looks like a fun card.

Sudha said...

Lovely work dear.

whoistracy said...

Oh this is fantastic!!