Saturday, March 20, 2010

Poppy Seed Challenge

This card was made for the Poppy Seed Challenge #2. I love this card so, SO, so much!! I am surrounded by boys (except for the dog) in this house and I rarely get so "gooey" in my cardmaking. I re-awoke all my feminine parts in this card - makes me want to wear a dress and drink tea in a beautiful English garden.
Anyway - the challenge is listed above - easy goals when you use Light Moss polka-dot paper and buttons. PTI mini polka-dot paper for the rose and leaves and background stamps that feature dots. Lastly, add buttons tied with baker's twine.
Here's a quick way to make some awesome leaves. I usually make mine from a 2" scallop circle punch (1). Fold in half and cut in a leaf shape and you have two leaves from one circle (2,3). That's been my usual leaf and is quite handy with flat cards you mean to mail. In class one day someone mentioned running a leaf folded in half through the crimper. I added a little distressing with my tea stain inks from PTI. LOVE these 3-d leaves. BTW - Are digging that rose?! Here is where I learned to make it - Rose Tutorial.
SIGH - I need to make cards like this more often! Can you imagine this rose/leaves on the top of a kraft paper box holding some little gift for a friend?

13 comments:

diane mcvey said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! I love it. Saw it on SCS, and had to come to your blog. Thanks for the info on how to do it...it's SO pretty! :D

STAMPING SAM said...

Gorgeous! And thanks for the toots.

ps - Go ahead and let the girly side of you come out, the product is worth it!

Kara said...

This is gorgeous! I can't wait to try this rose tutorial.
Kara

Becky Rusher said...

What an amazing card, Michelle! I love everything about it! That rose is beautiful!

Pamela Wade said...

Oh my...this is gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE that rose! ~~Pam

Ann said...

Lovely - you've created a perfect rose here!

Laura.K said...

Gorgeous card. Those leaves are really interesting. Thanks for your small and useful tutorial.

Laura.K said...

Gorgeous card. Those leaves are really interesting. Thanks for your small and useful tutorial.

Ingrid Danvers said...

Wow....what a gorgeous card. The flower is amazing. You did a fab job on the challenge.

veronica said...

great idea for the leaves. love the polka dots.

Kimberly Jones said...

Ooh la la! So pretty! This is my favorite of all your cards ever! I love the rose, and I can't wait to make one! Thanks for the tutorial!

Christine Blain said...

WOW!! This is one BEAUTIFUL card! I, too, am surrounded by boys in my household, so I appreciate the prettiness. Great job!

ahlers5 said...

The rose is absolutely beautiful. I'd love to try it. I've been looking for a six petal die. I can't seem to find one anywhere.