Monday, April 25, 2011

FTL137 - Make It Monday #12: Line Frame 101

Doncha just love the black frame that sets off the sentiment and stamped images?  Nichole Heady has posted a tutorial on how she does it - it is a cool trick that she does quite often and now that I know how to do it - I will be too!
The layout is from Clean and Simple Stamping's FTL137.  Spiral Bouquet was the first Papertrey Ink stamp set that I ever got and it has been a favorite!
Have you been getting the rain that we've been bombarded with in Kentucky?  There was even a nearby county that had to cancel school today due to flooding.  Lots of storms and potential tornadoes blowing through here too - we've been in the hallway a couple times in the past few days while the tornado sirens were blaring!  Owensboro (where we live) is right on the Ohio River so we've seen lots of flooding in the past but we may break records soon - Connor is happy because he doesn't have to mow until the lawn dries up - there are standing puddles of water now.

10 comments:

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
Stunningly gorgeous!
And I'm not sure where you're at in KY...
but know the Paducah to Bowling Green area has been bombarded!
I'm just outside of Nashville and storms tonight...
Ron Howes just scared the bejeebers out of me talking about what's coming through on Wednesday!
Hope you and yours stay safe! :)

Kimberly Jones said...

I do love the black frame! Very pretty card!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card! Stay safe and dry.

veronica said...

love it! is that shimmer paper i see?
i love the soft colors of the flowers.

Sheila said...

Love the card! And my kids missed school last week because of power outage. They were thrilled! Elementary kids had to go, but Middle and High School got to go home. Don't even have to make it up! Hope to see you soon.

Tracey McNeely said...

Real;ly pretty card. Those soft colours and really elegant. Good job on the frame.

Rachel B said...

Stunning! I love the way your frame looks with your fabulous flowers!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is really nice. i love the two tone flowers and the line border makes this just perfect.

Sharon Wheet said...

I love your card! And your line frame is wonderful! TFS

Kristii said...

Wow!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the soft color and I love how you stamped the flowers!! Extraordinarily beautiful!