Friday, April 22, 2011

OLW50 - Thankful for the Good Ol' Days

This week's One Layer Wednesday Challenge is to "pull out an old rubber stamp that hasn't seen love in a while. Dust it off, ink it up, and make a one-layer Thank You card with it"  This is a challenge that I can wrap my brain around!!
Look at these old SU! beauties - Remember Bothway Blossoms?  That stamp set dates back to 2006 and was a Hostess set that was only current for a year - I was a demo back then so was very sad to not be able to feature it at parties (it has seen a lot of love - look how beat up they look) - the Simple Shapes set is even older - 2003!!  I love pairing up these two sets to quickly color the flowers!
I can't ever seem to resist making an entire cardset when I pull these stamps out - Doesn't the A Muse|Studio Washi tape add a touch of color that finishes these cards quickly but without any extra bulky layers?

5 comments:

veronica said...

love the set, and that washi tape! i wish i would have ordered some when you sent the order in.

Jen W. said...

I love this card set you created! Such a simple but effective design. I feel a CASE coming on... :)

Kimberly Jones said...

I love how you "colored" the flowers with the circle! And the washi tape adds the perfect accent!

Jenny said...

Wow love this batch of cards. The stamp set is amazing and great teamed with the solid shapes. Can see why you kept hold of them all.
Jenny x

Susan said...

I love that you made a set of cards...the stamps are awesome and that washi tape is cool. Can you believe I don't have any of that...shame on me...I must need a shopping trip! LOL!