Saturday, April 30, 2011

PDCC79, OLW51 - Three of a Kind

So last week I barely squeaked in with an entry in the Play Date Cafe Challenge so this week I decided to get a jump on it and stamp up my cards right away - problem is I never had a chance to post them until now - nearly three days later!!
Love this combo of red, lime and gray - I think it is the gray/grey that is the unexpected color in this trio but one that really calms down this dynamic duo!  Here is a quote from the color gray:  "Calm it down, red and lime green - there really is no need for you two to be so rowdy.  Don't make me have to go tell your mamas about this behavior."
 If you liked the first card - what do you think of this one?
 or this one??
This week's OLW challenge is to "make three one-layer cards.  Yes, three.  Make three cards all using the same image stamp but vary the occasion by changing the sentiment and/or ink colour and/or card stock colour.  You must use the same image stamp on each card."
I love the touch of the Washi tape (swiped this idea straight from the fabulous Krystie Lee Hersch) - All of the products used are from -
Follow the link to my online store where you too can enjoy the wonders of Washi tape and the Just Because stamp set.  Remember - INKY fingers are HAPPY fingers!!

17 comments:

G Peplow said...

Lovely cards, great colour combos and good design:0) xxx

Tracey said...

LOVE this CAS set!!!! You sure rocked the PDCC colours! Thanks so much for joining us again at The Play Date Cafe :)

veronica said...

cute trio. i think i like the first one the best.

Andrea Ewen said...

Great set of cards! Wonderful CAS design and those stamps are so wonderfully serene! Great job with the colors, too! So glad to have you playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Trinh said...

Great take on both challenges! Love the tape that grounds the images.

Heather said...

So pretty, I love the different versions. Think the second one is my fav, no idea why though!

Kimberly Jones said...

I like all the cards, but the second one is my favorite too! The colors are great together. Love the gray!

Susan said...

I don't believe I have any washi tape and wouldn't know what to do with it...but now, thanks to you, I know more about it! Fabulous cards!

Tilly said...

Love them! So elegant and simple and the color combo fab. Now I need some washi tape too!

Jenny said...

Lushcious bright colours and love the washi tape, I've just bought some and need to break into it too :)
Jenny x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh gosh, the whole set is so cool! THanks for making not one, but three cards for our Play Date Cafe challenge!

Ruby said...

Lovely CAS cards, I love how you've done the washi tape, and the quote from the grey really made me giggle! Thanks for playing along with us at Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

So fun and creative. That washi tape is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE how you've played with the colors but kept the same design! So fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Novell said...

I LOVE lime and grey together!

kari bell said...

super cute! i love the one rounded corner.

Jennifer Styles said...

What a gorgeous set of cards! Love your colour choices and that tape! I gotta get me some tape!

Awesome job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW51!