Friday, April 15, 2011

OLW49 - Green, Pink and Never Seen Ink

This week's One Layer Wednesday is to use Green, Pink and a stamp that's never seen ink.  Used a little "artistic license" with this challenge because if I buy a stamp - I use a stamp.  I don't have any stamps that haven't seen ink - but, I'll bet, since these stamps are from A Muse|Studio and are brand new that they may not have seen ink from any of you reading this.
The card is 4.25" square and uses a technique called reverse masking.  Pictured above is a square of computer paper - a Classic Square Nestabilities die was used to cut out the center.  That outline gets layered over your cardfront and then stamped with the a|s Harlequin background stamp.  Once the mask is removed the card is stamped only in the middle - easy peasy!
I love a background stamp but the downside of background stamps is the huge amount of space that they take up for storage - not any more - with A Muse|Studio stamps you have one big background acrylic block and clingfoam stamps that take up much less space!!
A sentiment (friend to friend), leaves (beautiful botanicals 2) and a sprinkle of twinkle stickers and this card is done!  Contact me if you are interested in ordering or learning more about opportunities with A Muse|Studio!

9 comments:

G Peplow said...

I love what you've done here. By layering the stamping it's a very classy card, I love it:0) xxx

Bonnie said...

I love the masked harlequin background with the leaves and those 3 rhinestones! Lovely card!

veronica said...

love the way you did the background!

Kimberly Jones said...

What a soft and pretty card! Love the pink harlequin background!

Susan said...

Michelle, this is fabulous! I've looked at the A Muse stamps a few times, and I will probably make an order at some point in time. I just need to remember who sells them! LOL!

Jenny said...

A beautiful card and I love the placement of the gems. just perfect.
Jenny x

Susan Raihala said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Glenda J said...

Love this card Michelle! The bling is perfect. Thanks for your sweet comment on Moxie Fab World today!

Jennifer Styles said...

Gorgeous! That background just looks so good with the green leaves!

I have a similar background (that's never seen ink) and I'm going to give it a try!

Awesome job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW49!