Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Art Journal - Julie Fei-Fan Balzer inspired

Time for more art journal fun!!  The leaves are inspired from a post by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer - love her stuff so much and I can't wait to get my hands on some of her new stencils!! 
The background is covered in sewing pattern tissue paper that my mom gave me.  I am not a seamstress - I do not sew.  In fact, way back in the day in Home Ec class I made a pair of shorts - I was so proud of myself that I made another pair but inadvertently sewed the two fronts and two backs together which gives you one BIG leg and one small leg.  I became friends with a seam ripper that year.
If you only do what you know you can do - you never do very much!
Try and fail but don't fail to try.
YUP - those two quotes just about sum up my entire sewing experience.  I've since made curtains, pillows and other items that involve straight (semi-straight in my case) stitching but nothing involving patterns.  However,  patterns mixed with Mod Podge are just about perfect these days - can't mess that up!!

4 comments:

Rafaelópezjr said...

The colors you've chosen (the limited palette) are so perfect. It gives the page a weathered, old-fashioned look that I think is beautiful!

Valentina Fussell said...

wow! this is amazing!! Hope you are having a great week!

veronica said...

love your use of patterns! the leaves are great.
don't know why you don't want to try shorts again! you could create a new style! tee hee.

milkcan said...

Totally gorgeous! I love it!