Sunday, August 21, 2011

Soldered Mother/Daughter Pendant Necklaces

I've been really crafty this weekend - just not with paper.  Today I made matching mother/daughter soldered necklaces for Jen/Stella.  BTW - The hand that I've modeled the necklaces on is an old latex rubber glove mold that I picked up in an antique store in Franklin, TN a couple years back.  Cool, huh?
What I love about these pendants is that from a distance you see what seems to be stylized pink flowers but after a closer look what you are really seeing is a graphic photoshopped pic of Stella when she was just a few months old.  Jen's photographer friend did these pics.
The other side sports a black/white pic of Stella.  Won't it be cute when they both wear their necklaces?  I hadn't dug out my soldering iron in over a year at least so I was pretty proud that they turned out as good as they did!!  The small pendant is 1" square and the larger one is 1 1/2" square.  Usually soldered necklaces are on ball chain but I tried to spice it up a bit with something a little more fun and chunky - what do you think?

4 comments:

jen said...

love 'em! they'll look adorable when they're both wearing them! :D
(I've been doing my soldered necklaces on black satin string!- LOVE your chunky chain!!)

Kimberly Jones said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift! Your pendants are beautiful!

veronica said...

love the pink graphics. such interesting shapes! i am sure they will both love them.

Yousufzai said...

We have tons of variety of skull necklaces, silver skull wrench pendants, skull crossbones sterling silver rings with unique design & style so what are you waiting for check out our website, Skull Necklace. https://www.bikerringshop.com/products/big-skull-pendant-necklace