Friday, August 12, 2011

PDCC94 - Watercolored background block

Let me just start by saying that I LOVE this card - I love it so much that I would bake a cake from scratch for this card and watch while it ate it!  I love it even though it has blue in it - go figure!
The colors of Fudge, Goldenrod and Teal are courtesy of the Play Date Cafe - look how easy it is to make the colorful background -
Started with my a muse|studio 2.25" square acrylic block and scribbled two colors of Tombow Markers (443, 993) onto it and added a quick spritz of water.
Flip it over and stamp onto your watercolor paper - it can be a bit tricky - too little water and you get a spotty impression - too much water and you get a green puddle!
Used French Roast ink on some of my favorite stamp sets - amuse|studio Just Because and  Friend to Friend.  Love the sentiments from the friend to friend set - there are 6 different sentiments with that mix of script and print which is so fresh and popular now.
All supplies are available in my online a muse|studio shop!
psst - wanna know a secret?   a muse|studio is going to be releasing a supplemental catalog with new stuff including stamp sets, dies, cardstock/ink/ribbon, patterned paper, baker's twine and even felt!!  This 44 page supplemental catalog won't be going live until August 22nd but if you are nice to me and ask pretty please I can e-mail you a .pdf file of it!!  Just e-mail me at msmathey@gmail.com if you want to peek and start your wish list.

9 comments:

veronica said...

love, love, love your background mix! but then, you know i love watercolor! it looks great!

Mad for Paper said...

This is gorgeous. I love the watercolor background. you make it look so easy, I may have to give that a try.
TFS
Ang

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! What a fabulous idea--I LOVE that inking and your simple but beautiful design! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Lucille K said...

Wow! This is a wonderful card and I love your watercolor background :)

Lisa Elton said...

Wow...what a great background you created! Pretty CAS card :)

Jennie M said...

I LOVE this card Michelle! I have to try that background, it is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Denise said...

Your background is stunning! Can I come over for cake? So funny. Thanks for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe - your card is wonderful!

Jinny Newlin said...

Gorgeous, Michelle! LOVE that technique, and you've made it shine! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Oooh now that's got my creative mind going mad, how FAB is that and so simple too, my kind of art lol. BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE it!!