Friday, August 19, 2011

CFC16 - Cuttlebug Knuckle

This week's CAS-ual Friday challenge is to use embossing - I chose to heat emboss my sentiment and I made this card for my husband, Corey, whose been working extra hard lately!
I took my inspiration from a pillow I found online but I have no idea where I found that picture now - probably Design Sponge - I loved the look of the layered trellis and wanted to recreate it on my card - that's when I suffered from "Cuttlebug Knuckle" - have you ever had that injury?  Most likely you have if you own a Cuttlebug - most people learn their lesson the first time they suffer this trauma but some of us get a bit overconfident and get whacked more than once.  It happens when you have a particularly thick "sandwich" that you have to use extra torque to get through your machine.  If the handle happens to slip from your fingers it will come back at your poor knuckle with the speed and force of a jackhammer - YeeOUCH!!  Who says papercrafting isn't dangerous??!!  My poor swollen, purple knuckle says otherwise!
Stamps - a muse|studio (a|s) Marvelous Marigolds
Paper - a|s French Roast, Vanilla, Kraft and Sugar
Ink - a|s Versamark with Satin Pearl embossing powder
Accessories - a|s 3/8" French Roast twill ribbon; Lifestyle Crafts Trellis die

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

Great card! I once refused to give up on the Cuttlebug but then it gave up on me! My sandwich was too big and the thing just literally busted at the seems!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Love your CAS card, thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Meg said...

Love the interlocking trellis and I just had to laugh at "cuttlebug knuckle." I knew exactly the type of injury you were talking about as soon as I read the title. OUCH! Hope your knuckle has recovered today!

Kimberly Jones said...

Ouch! But the end result is great! I love the trellis design and think you are very sweet to make your husband a card!

Laura Davis said...

Awesome, I love this!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

veronica said...

i have done the cuttlebug knuckle before too. that is NOT funny!

very pretty card! great take on your inspiration pillow.

Suzanne Russell said...

Great card, especially for a man! I know he was delighted to get it.

Virginia L. said...

I really like how you used the photo to inspired you, Michelle! Poor ouch-y finger! Hope you are feeling better. I love the colors and embossed sentiment..so sophisticated. Your hubby will love this! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Deborah Frings said...

Hope your knuckles are feeling better now! I do like this card - very strong look - the trellis effect is super. Here's mine!

Tracy Ercole said...

Great card :)

Anonymous said...

The same thing happens when I use my Big Shot! Love the border edge, looks great with the embossed sentiment :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!